As CSI: New York goes on a six-week hiatus, the other two members of the franchise offer new episodes featuring the debut of Elisabeth Shue and a killer on a murder spree. Official plot details and cast lists can be found after the jump.
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation starts out the week with the introduction of a new team member in “Seeing Red” on Wednesday at 10:00pm ET/PT:
Russell asks for advice from a former colleague on a case involving the death of a man’s ex-girlfriend.
Line producer Frank Waldeck has directed five previous episodes of CSI, most recently this season’s “Genetic Disorder”. “Seeing Red” was penned by Executive Story Editors Christopher Barbour and Tom Mularz. Barbour has eight writing credits for the series, including last month’s “Willows in the Wind”; and Mularz has nine, most recently for “Crime After Crime” from earlier this season.
The following guest stars will appear in the episode:
- Alex Carter as Det. Vartann
- Jon Wellner as Henry Andrews
- Jesse McCartney as Wes Clyborn
- Nazanin Boniadi as Nurse Lauren
- Michael Bryan French as Dr. Stewart
- Philip Casnoff as Jonah Clyborn
- Mary Page Keller as Leslie Clyborn
- Linc Hand as Laughlin CSI #1
- Kinsey McLean as Laughlin CSI #2
- Ramses Jimenez as Juan Perez
- Sarah Dumont as Vicky Sheldon
“Seeing Red” marks the debut of Elisabth Shue as newcomer Julie Finlay. Alex Carter and Jon Wellner are reprising established recurring roles. Michael Bryan French appeared in six previous episodes of the crime drama, most recently “Family Affair” during season ten. Ramses Jimenez was in the CSI: Miami episode “Caged” during season nine.
As CSI Files previously reported, CSI: New York is currently taking a six-week hiatus. The show will return on Friday, March 30.
CSI: Miami tries to stop a string of murders in “Last Straw” on Sunday at 10:00pm ET/PT:
When the sisters of a Miami sorority are knocked off one by one, the CSIs try to end the murder spree.
This is the first time Bill Gierhart has directed an episode of the crime drama. Melissa Scrivner co-wrote “Last Straw” with Michael McGrale. Scrivner has seven previous writing credits, including “By the Book” earlier this season. This is the third credit for McGrale, who previously penned “Sinner Takes All”.
The episode will feature the following actors and actresses in guest-starring roles:
- Christian Clemenson as Tom Loman
- Taylor Cole as Samantha Owens
- Jill Flint as Elle Toring
- Bo Derek as Joanna Toring
- James Eckhouse as Dan Toring
- Tiffany Dupont as Rachel Petrella
- Candace Moon as Cassidy Weller
- Travis Van Winkle as Mickey Quint
- Michael Lombardi as Liam Flynn
- Shayla Hale as Phi Galph Alum
Christian Clemenson and Taylor Cole are reprising established recurring roles. As CSI Files previously reported, 1980s sex symbol Bo Derek will appear in the episode. James Eckhouse guest-starred in two episodes of CSI, “Face Lift” and “Better Off Dead”. Tiffany Dupont has appeared on CSI (“Empty Eyes”) and CSI: NY (“Hide Sight”).
“Seeing Red” and “Last Straw” begin airing February 15 on CBS.