Series: 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation'
Episode Title: 'Pilot'
Episode Number: 0101
Synopsis: "Gil Grissom is the supervisor of the graveyard shift of Las Vegas' elite crime scene investigators. Holly Gribbs, fresh out of the academy, joins the team. Jim Brass is head of the unit and is trying to scare Gribbs from CSI. Catherine Willows, mother of a young daughter, is the number two CSI on this shift. Warrick Brown and Nick Stokes are competing to solve their 100th case to earn a promotion to CSI 3. Grissom investigates a murder staged to look like a suicide with precious little evidence. Warrick and Catherine take the case of a drunk who breaks into the house where he had been staying and is shot to death. Nick talks to a man who picked up a woman who drugged and robbed him."
Original Airdate: October 06, 2000
Rerun: September 18, 2004
Written By: Anthony E. Zuiker
Directed By: Danny Cannon
- Krista Allen as Kristi Hopkins (uncredited)
- Barbara Tarbuck as Mrs. Harmon
- John Pyper-Ferguson as Husband
- Chandra West as Holly Gribbs
- Allan Rich
- Eric Szmanda as Greg Sanders
- Susan Gibney as Lab Tech
- Harrison Young as Judge Cohen
- Royce D. Applegate as Mr. Laferty
- Nancy Fish
- Cedrick Terrell
- Eric Szmanda appeared as a guest star on the CSI pilot (and in several other episodes the first season) before joining the regular cast in season two. Starting with the third season, he was given star billing in the opening credits.
Can't get enough of 'Pilot?' Check out the following merchandise: